vision : I'm a person that loves; lives; learns and builds my story through the exercise of principles, my faith and my mission.....my mission is to make a difference in the life of people... principles: love, courage, truth, peace, trust, integrity, contribution... roles : christian, husband, relative, systems engineer, athlete, friend, citizen individual, scholar

/* Google videobar ajax api */

Sunday, October 30, 2005

I've just finished my 5th marathon...the silicon valley marathon.

4:15 hrs of pure fun... :)

well..not exactly all the time, but it was definitely fun.

at some point I saw this guy with a t-shirt saying:

"pain is weakness leaving your body"

:)

I just laughed.

The weather was perfect, sunny and gentle. Not too hot, not too cold.

When I got there I met Marcelo that was preparing to run the 5K. It is fun to meet people by pure chance, it give you the impression that you are a local.

I started strong and was able to leave many people behind but after 20 miles I got a little bit upset for seeing many leaving me behind.

If that happens and the person looks like an athletl, I don't have a problem at all, but if the person looks like a "couch potatoe", that bothers me.

Anyway, I was able to go for my last sprint in the last mile and leave the "couch potatoe gang" behind...

That made me a happy man...4:15hrs...and the couch potatoe gang behind...that was all I needed...

I don't know how long it took for the winner to complete the 26 miles (42 Kms), but tippically it is a little bit more than 2 hours.

That means it took me just 2 hours more to complete the race... :)

If anyone is considering his or her first marathon, you will not regret, just make sure you have a medical exam and do some research on how to prepare. It is easier than you think.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://lhelbsjx.com/wccm/bcia.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://faniflbj.com/okko/pjna.html]Cool site[/url]

11:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

11:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://lhelbsjx.com/wccm/bcia.html | http://gyfjvqmh.com/rkdk/bgto.html

11:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home